You may freely browse our website without the need to provide any information. However, we may collect the following information when you register for an account with us, contact us via our online form or sign up for our e-newsletter.
– Billing address
– Shipping address
– Email address
– Telephone number
– Mobile number
We do not sell your personal information such as name, address, email address to any third party without your permission. And we will not disclose your information to third parties unless where it is part of providing a service to you, for example, arranging for a product to be delivered to you, carrying out credit and other security checks and for the purposes of customer research and profiling or where we have your express permission to do so.
Below are some of the ways where you personal information will be used by polka dokka:
– To process your order and to deliver the products which you have purchased from polka dokka
– To update you the status of your orders, your point balance, your coupons/store credits and to provide necessary customer services regarding your order
– To verify and carry out online payments
– To analyze customer demographics and research
– To keep you update of any product information, company news and promotions when you choose to sign up for our newsletters
Collection of Visitor Data
When you visit our website, our server might make record of your visit that includes some or all of the followings:
– Your IP addresses and domain names
– The types and configurations of your browser
– Your language settings, geo-locations and operating systems
– Previous sites visited
– Time and durations spent on pages on our website
We use the above visitor data for the purpose of maintaining and improving our website such as to determine the optimal screen resolution, which pages have been most frequently visited, etc. We use such data for website enhancement and optimization purposes.
We do not send you marketing communications (e.g. newsletters) using the information you provide us during account registration. You will only receive our marketing communications if you have signed up for our newsletter and thus giving us explicit consent to let us use your email address as receiving our company updates and offers. If you change your mind and wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at a later stage, you may indicate so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications which we might send you.
Disclosures of your Information
We may disclose your personal information internally within our company. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
– when the third parties such as courier services will require your addresses and telephone numbers in order to fulfill a timely delivery of your order;
– when payment channels such as PayDollar / PayPal require your information to process the online payments;
– in the event that polka dokka sells or buys any business or assets;
– if polka dokka or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or
– if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of polka dokka, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Protecting your security
We may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity.
Polka dokka uses the services provided by PayDollar / PayPal to process all online payments. Customers’ payment details are securely transmitted to the acquiring bank, card and payment companies for real-time transaction authorisation using Extended Validation Certificates (EV) SSL transaction encryption.
Third party sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we should not be responsible or liable to these policies. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to these third party websites.
Checking or Correcting your Personal Information
If you wish to verify or correct the information you submitted to polka dokka you may do so by logging into your account and visit your account details page. For security purposes, we require your username or registered email address, together with your password to grant you access to your personal details. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser’s password memory function as that would permit other people using your device to access your personal information.
All information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
– Restricting access to personal information to relevant staff on a “need-to-know” basis and providing guidelines to our staff to handle personal information properly
– Utilizing technology to prevent unauthorized computer access
– Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes
Retention of Personal Information
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
Breach of Privacy
If you think that there’s a breach of privacy by polka dokka, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately through one of the above-mentioned channels so that we may rectify the problem for you as soon as possible.
Changes of this Policy
polka dokka might modify and update this policy from time to time as required when there are changes to the website technology, enhancements or upgrades, changes in website settings or as legitimated by law. Any change to this policy will be published on this website.
(Version updated as of July 2014)
We accept various payment methods, including credit card, PayPal, Direct Bank Transfer, FPS & PayMe: